Sacred Band

Sacred Band Forums

HomeHome  PortailPortail  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

So who builds website (I need some help)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tisukii
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: So who builds website (I need some help)   Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Ok so I'm building a website for our family buisness and Im using website over night site builder from godaddy.com. I uploaded a bunch of picutres and it pretty much took forever which I expected on uploads. However when I went to publish those photos to a photo album it seems to take even longer and they have already been uploaded to the site builder.

Any suggestions. Keep the jargon at a minimum Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arcen
Senior Member of the Nick Manning fanclub

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: So who builds website (I need some help)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:05 pm

site builders suck *Ruud's sweaty BALLS*. Learn HTML or ASP or PHP.

Learn CSS.

USE CSS!

If your going the ASP route, Visual Web Developer is free to download, and is semi-wysiwyg.

~40 hours to learn the stuff decently, another ~1-2 hours/page minimum, 10-15 hours/page maximum.

Better suggestion: Hire a professional. Your website will look ALOT cleaner, will be done in 1/4 of the time, will be easier to upgrade in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: So who builds website (I need some help)   Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:31 am

Your photo file format is also important to consider as well for web design converting to more web friendly format can save a lot of bandwidth and in turn make your website load faster which is good since you don't know what kind of connection other viewers will have.
Back to top Go down
Asteria

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: So who builds website (I need some help)   Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Not sure if it helps or not.. but angelfire and geocities has some nice options when making a web page. I had one back when i was in middle school and it was pretty badass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canton/Zetswey
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: So who builds website (I need some help)   Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:52 pm

I'd set one up for you for under $1000 ($999.95). The fact that I have no idea how to do that will make it more expensive, as I'll need to pay for my time to learn. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who builds website (I need some help)   

Back to top Go down

So who builds website (I need some help)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1